Additionally, I have:
- Worked to make the search for the new superintendent of Holyoke Public Schools a transparent process. I am proud to welcome Dr. Sergio Paez into Holyoke’s educational community.
- Hired a community literacy coordinator with funds of $100,000 received from United Way and Davis Foundation and established literacy centers at all K-8 schools.
- Worked to expand McMahon School in Ward 5.
- Established new sex education curriculum for middle school students.
- Improved Dean Tech by bringing in a new principal and leadership for the school. Invited in the business community to assess the school and won a state grant to build new science labs.
- Strived to make the Care Center an accredited school so that young parents can get a diploma.
Moving forward, it will be important to work together and build upon these accomplishments. We have the momentum to continue doing great things for our schools and to ensure a future that is worthy of our students, teachers, and citizens.